Wednesday, April 18, 2012

*P

*Pen pals and Postcrossing

post card from Ukraine

As I have mentioned numerous times (I think), I actually do something called sending real mail. You know the whole paper and pen thing? Yeah, that. I have had a few pen pals in the past and it worked ok for awhile but then dropped off.

Most recently I joined a site called Postcrossing. When you sign up for this site you must first send a few post cards before you can receive some.  Just on Monday I actually received the post card above.  

The great thing is you can receive post cards from all over the world and from your own country as well.  The one above is from the Ukraine. This one is from Taiwan. 

post card from Taiwan


Postcrossing also gives you a chance to meet new people as you can reply on line to the sender or in some cases if senders wish, have direct swaps with them.

It is a fun and entertaining thing to do and I like it!

Do you have pen pals? Tell me about them. Do you want to be mine? Let me know in comments.

Peace...Naila Moon

9 comments:

Janyce said...

I've never heard of crossposting. It sounds like something right up my alley.
I miss the days when snail mail was THE way to stay in touch. There's nothing like getting a letter or card in the mail.
PS - Years ago when the internet was new, I was penpals with an older man from Japan. It was so intereting, I loved it. We were just becoming pretty good friends when Japan was hit with an earthquake and I never heard from him again. I've wondered ever since if he and his family were okay.

M Pax said...

How neat. Sounds like a really fun thing to do.

Jenn3128 said...

How fun! I don't know if she would classify as a pen pal, but I have a Grandmother that has always been a bit of a hermit, the only way to get in contact with her is thru "snail mail" letters. I send one every month or so, she replies everytime.

Eat To Live said...

Hi Naila,
By the way, I love your name.

I have never herd of Crossposting either but I am going to check it out just to see what it is all about.

I am following you on google+, Linky and pinterest as Terry M. Not sure if you are on twitter, but I am @CandidaJourney. I may even follow you for all I know.

Thanks for stopping by, Hope you stop again sometime at my blog again.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Oh that is scary to think he may have not been ok. Many people perished that day. I hope you hear from him one day.
~Naila Moon

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Works for me! LOL I think that is cute.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Yep, I am there too. However, I have no idea why, I don't own a cell phone so it is kind of useless for me but just in case. lol

Linda said...

Pen pals? That is one of the reasons I started my blog, b/c I have always been a pen paller. I still have pen pals, we are stampers and exchange hand stamped cards and letters. I have been writing letters since I was in elementary school; first to my grandma, then to Pasquale De Luca from Italy (I actually remember his name) and to many pals I got through school. I tried to keep in touch with friends that move away but it usually fizzles out. When I married for a 2nd time and moved here I didn't know anyone so bought some magazines and started pen palling again. I prefer snail mail to email any day!
I've never heard of postcrossing, but with the price of stamps it sounds like a good idea.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Local in the U.S. the sending of postcards is cheap. However, to send outside the U.S. it is $1+ to send. Many of my cards go outside the boundaries but it is ok because I am getting some very cool cards.

Stamping and handmade...cool!