Saturday, April 21, 2012

*S

*Star Trek

at the entrance




Recently my hubby, a friend, and I went to see the Star Trek exhibition at our local science center. (my friend, generously took us) Now I can tell you that I am no geek girl but I do like some sci-fi. My husband and friend on the other hand...total geek boys! 

My geek boys next to the originals.
 
You would have thought they were tour guides. Seriously! These boys were talking "Trek" as if they had written episodes with Gene Roddenberry.  They spoke about different scenes and characters to whomever would listen. The funny thing is...some people actually did!

Did you know that what we see on TV is actually a model about this size?

I on the other hand just enjoyed reading the history of the show (after all they did have a whole time line written on the walls) and looking at things that were quite familiar to me.

costume from Wrath of Khan movie

one of many masks

It was really cool to see the different mask and costumes throughout the years and the thinking that went in to them.  It was also fun to sit on a mock up of the Enterprise's command center.

the geek boys on deck

All in all just a fun day. Now that I think about it...maybe I am more of a sci-fi geek girl than I thought. 

 What do you think? Do you like Sci-fi? Tell me about it.


~Naila Moon




9 comments:

Mark Paul said...

Fascinating. Very well done, except it is the Bridge that Stephen and I are on. Command Center is Galactica.

Oh and the mask was of Worf.

Great post over all.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

See what I mean? lol

Eat To Live said...

I'm not so sure I like all sci fi but I always liked the original Star Trek.

Heather Murphy said...

I have never been a Star Trek fan but this is interesting and it looks like a fun day

Simon Kewin said...

Fascinating stuff. Mind you, I am a Star Trek geek!

Nicki Elson said...

I'm not a sci-fi girl, but I do so love the passion of that culture. I hope this is a traveling exhibit, yes? I'm going to look to see if its coming to Chicago's MSCI. :)

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

HA ha-I thought so by your writings.
Thanks for coming by.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Yes, I think it is.
Thanks for coming by.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

It was actually.
Thanks for coming by.