Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday's Music Moves Me...TV Themes to hit Top 40 2/16/15 #MondaysMusicMovesMe



Hey, it's Monday! That means it's time for another whirlwind of music by the Monday's Music Moves Me gals. You know us...hosted by Xmas Dolly and co-hosted by Stacy, Colette, and yours truly.

Where is Becca you say? Well, sadly, she has taken off to do other things and will not be returning. I wish you well. Since she is a huge Disney fan, this song is for her...


Before we get into more music, like we have done the last few weeks, we have a social media follow here. Just link up where you want us to follow and we will be by.  Make sure to show your name and what we are following. It helps so that we don't repeat.


So...this week, we have a theme which has been a bit tricky for me. Translated into, I could not think of a thing. However, I prevailed! The theme is: Television themes that became Top 40 hits.

So after a little bit of investigation and admittedly making sure I was not repeating anyone else, I came up with these.

First up: Even though today, these boys would not at all be politically correct, I did watch their show full of cars chases, bad cops, and of course cousins, Daisy Dukes. I am talking about, "The Duke's of Hazzard". Their theme song by Waylon Jennings hit #21 in 1980.



Next up: Meant to poke fun at Super Heroes, this show featured a professor who found a suit that made him an instant super hero, the only thing is, he lost the instruction of how to use the suit. oops!
Written by Joey Scarbury this theme song hit #2 on the charts in 1981. I give you the "Greatest American Hero" theme song.




Finally: In the early 1980's...1981 to be exact... a TV show hit the airwaves to pay homage to the 1970's era. It brought about a little show called WKRP that made the love affair of '70s music kept alive.  Although, in truth this song only by Steven Carlise made #65 it is still worthy to be on my list.



6 comments:

Create With Joy said...

Happy Monday to you Nalia! I LOVED WKRP in Cincinnati! While I was picking my theme for the week I ended up watching clips from some of my old faves including WKRP - who will ever forget such immortal lines as "With God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly?"

Anyway, have a great week!

stevebethere said...

The only one we didn't used to get over here was The Great American Hero I used to love watching WKRP In Cincinnati some old memories brought back here I'm gonna have it playing in me head all day now...Naila's fault ...coughs

Have a fantabulosa day ;-)

Catch My Words said...

Once again, you and I thought alike with The Greatest American Hero.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2015/02/ww-famous-tv-theme-songs.html

Colette S said...

I guess I don't know much tv show theme songs eh :)
Thanks for rocking.
Have a fun week!

XmasDolly said...

HAHAHA WKRP I remember that one. Cool show. Love the little toon too! All great ones. Have a rockin' week HUGS

Leovi said...

Certainly, I like the theme for "The Duke's of Hazzard"!