Sunday, February 1, 2015

#MondaysMusicMovesMe: Duets 2/2/15 #music


”Photobucket”border=”0

Here we are another month already gone. It seems almost impossible but it's true. So, having said that, welcome to the first Monday in February which also happens to be groundhog day. Did you recover from the Superbowl yet?

Now, don't forget, for awhile we have two linkys. The first is this one which is for any social media you would like us to follow. Kindly put what it is at the end of your name.



The music linky is down below.

This fun musical meme is hosted by Xmas Dolly and co-hosted by, Stacy, Colette, Becca and me, This week we are working on the theme of: Duets. This sounds good so, let me see what I have up my sleeve for you.

First up: I have always loved Neil Diamond. This song he sang with Barbara Streisand for a sound that was incredible. Oddly enough, neither singer wanted to do the song with the other but I am certainly glad they did!



Next: Back in the 80's I adored a Gospel singer that eventually turned to mainstream. Her name is Amy Grant. She often did duets this one she did with Peter Cetera was a favorite for awhile.




Finally: This next singer was known for his funky glasses and funky clothes but more importantly his fantastic songs. Singer Elton John pairs up with Kiki Dee in this great song.




Make sure to link your music up here!



9 comments:

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

I know; this year is going by FAST. I liked your selections, but like Peter Cetera/Amy Grant best of all. Have a great week :)

Debbie D. said...

Great selections, Naila! I remember all of them and especially love "You Don't Bring Me Flowers".

stevebethere said...

Nice choices Naila Don't Go Breaking My Heart brings back some fond memories for me :-)

Have a Nailasbacktastic week :-)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Don't Go Breaking My Heart really breaks back memories from the 70s. This was one of my favorites at the time it released. Great duets to get out on the dance floor and boogie to this week!

XmasDolly said...

Amy Grant's song is totally awesome and Elton John sure is young there for sure, but love this video... I don't think I've ever seen it ... LOL You've rocked the house for sure. Thanks for the boogie!!!

csuhpat1 said...

Nice tunes, brings back a lot memories.

Catch My Words said...

Great choices.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

Colette S said...

I love Neil Diamond! Thanks for the duets!

Rebecca said...

a little Elton always makes me smile. I wouldn't dare break his heart he is to fabulous.