I am getting in a bit late this evening with this post but better late than never right?
However, upon further research, I found an article that summed it up this way.
- Art is a form of work that expresses emotions and expressions. Craft is a form of work, which has a physical form just like in moulding and carving.
- While Craft is quantified, Art seldom is.
- One can create duplicate craft forms, which is not possible with art.
- Art forms move people emotionally, whereas crafts attract people.
- Unlike craft, art is known to come out of the heart and soul. Crafts are a product of the mind.
- In art, it is the emotions that flow out whereas in craft no emotion is involved.
- Art comes out from a person’s innate talents whereas craft is the result of experience.
Although, I get the point here it still seems like to me that the difference comes down to the eye of the beholder. There is certainly some things that I would never consider as art but in the art world they are all the rave.
Anyway, on to my own art project. This took me a few days to gather the materials and to actually do. Materials used: posterboard, acrylics, found tags plastic holly piece, real wood. I give you my advent calendar.
|Me beginning my painting|
|finished with painting the tree and adding tags (each tag has a number on it that will be turned over each day)|
|added a snowman -yes, I painted him/her too. Tamirisc got the real twigs for me at a local park.|
|made "presents" to go around the tree-yes, they are painted too|
|My finished advent calendar for Christmas|