Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6-Thankful for my rights


I took this in front of our library here in Aurora

 Maybe it is cliche' to talk about rights as an U.S. citizen on election day but the truth is I am really thankful for them.


Mark aka Tamirisc voting


I am truly, truly grateful I was born in the U.S. at a time when women could vote and do all sorts of things out side the home if they wanted to.  I take that right seriously.

I am grateful for the many women, like my Great-Grandmother, who fought as suffragist to get those rights for women. I am grateful for those men and women who marched to get basic freedoms for others. I am grateful for the men and women who have fought in many wars to keep my freedoms, free.



Did I vote today? Of course, how could I not at least give a nod to all those people I mentioned above?! I have that right and it is because of them. Thank you.

My art piece for today:




~Naila Moon

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

so happy i votes early

Kimberly said...

Grateful for my right to vote. Grateful for a country in which I can hold my own opinion as a woman, as a human. Just grateful!

IASoupMama said...

I am grateful for my right to vote, too. And glad that I live in a place where I have options.

And I love the stars and stripes on the rick -- very cool!

XmasDolly said...

Great post my friend! Say it like it is! Hey send me that site for the leaves again would ja!!! I lost it. :( Stuck on the couch all day today. Hurtin like a sonofagun! SHEESH! CAN'T A SUCKER GET AN EVEN BREAK AROUND HERE????