Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Coffee Chat...Ear Worms? Ewww....



Earworm
A song that sticks in your mind, and will not leave 
no matter how much you try. 

Today over at Time Out For Mom, Rory has decided we need to chat over coffee about earworms. Now to me, that sounds kind of gross until you understand what it is supposed to be. I had never heard the term until today.

As it turns out, I have had tons of songs playing on a constant loop in my head today. You know how much I love music but sometimes I just want them to be out! Who would I be if I did not share with you some fine specimens?
As Rory said, "Feel the worm. You're welcome!"


This one is just downright annoying.


This one only the refrain is stuck.


I know there are a few others but thankfully, they have gone away.
~Naila Moon

3 comments:

LA Botchar said...

Ha - the song that never ends IS exactly the kind of song I was thinking of. But the other one does have a rather good dance beat, so that I am okay with. for maybe just 2 mintues LOL

it is a weird term isn't it? ear worm. makes me think of that scene in Wrath of Kahn when he drops the thing in the guy's ear. always creeped me out that part.

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh, you wanna talk about earworms!? That stupid What Does the Fox Say song gets stuck in your head and I HATE it! I don't understand why the heck people are so enthralled with that song. LOL

My boyfriend constantly has songs stuck in his head; he'll randomly break out and serenade me when we're together :)

Anonymous said...

So with this topic I've had all sorts of songs lodged in my head. I also read your comments and I , too, got a comment about that Fox song. I've only heard it once and it was just a few days ago. I'm super glad I don't have that in my head!