Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 25...living without hearing







A while back, I mentioned to you about me having a cochlear implant and about going deaf at 36 years old. It was devestating to me but the miracle of technology gave me a chance to hear those things I love. I am truly grateful for that technology.

However, having technology, things can go wrong at times. Yesterday, was one of those times.

I was  getting ready to go to a wedding when all of a sudden my implant goes off. At first I thought it might just be that the battery went out on me, so, I charged it for a couple of hours.

I finally realized after much frustration, that the programming was not working. I cannot figure out why this has happened. What I do know is I have to get it fixed!

The biggest problem for me right now is that I do not know where to get it fixed.  I suppose I am going to have to scan my medical records and hope for the best.

This is frustrating to say the least.

~Naila Moon

No comments: